Thrive Impact Partners...
We work with the following groups to measure the impact of THRiVE Newtownabbey and see what difference we are making in Rathcoole and Monkstown…..
- Stranmillis University College
- Education Authority
- Department of Education
- Kings Park PS
- Abbey Community College
We are working on…
- Agreed measures for tracking effectiveness
- Gathering data
- Producing impact reports
Key Achievements So far...
- An improvement in attainment in literacy and numeracy, along with increased parental engagement in children’s learning.
- Schools working together on a common assessment approach, collecting standardised data and using this to understand attainment to plan interventions in an agreed way.
- A local group of Parent Champions committed to improving outcomes for families
- A common attendance policy, with an early intervention approach to improving attendance, in collaboration with Education Welfare Service
- Early years groups – Abbey Sure Start, pre-school playgroups and nurseries working together on a common transition approach and producing a Transition Guide for parents
Our Impact Group has agreed an Impact Measurement Timeline, identifying the types of information we need to collect to show that THRiVE is making a difference for children, young people and families.
Some of the data we are collecting…
- Aspiration – surveys to gain feedback from parents about their awareness of the WE CAN campaign and Pupil Attitude to Self and School (PASS) tests carried out with pupils in schools
- Attainment – standardised attainment scores Progress Towards English (PTE), Progress Towards Maths (PTM), Cognitive Ability (CAT4) and Pupil at primary level and GCSE results at post-primary level.
- Well-being – using Outcomes Stars to help young people and parents track their own progress.
- Collaboration – surveys to gain feedback from organisations involved with THRiVE