Thrive Impact Partners...
We work with the following groups to measure the impact of THRiVE Newtownabbey and see what difference we are making in Rathcoole and Monkstown…..
- Stranmillis University College
- Education Authority
- Department of Education
- Kings Park PS
- Abbey Community College
We are working on…
- Agreed measures for tracking effectiveness
- Gathering data
- Producing impact reports
Key Achievements So far...
- An improvement in attainment in literacy and numeracy, along with increased parental engagement in children’s learning.
- Schools working together on a common assessment approach, collecting standardised data and using this to understand attainment to plan interventions in an agreed way.
- A local group of Parent Champions committed to improving outcomes for families
- A common attendance policy, with an early intervention approach to improving attendance, in collaboration with Education Welfare Service
- Early years groups – Abbey Sure Start, pre-school playgroups and nurseries working together on a common transition approach and producing a Transition Guide for parents
Our Impact Group has agreed an Impact Measurement Timeline, identifying the types of information we need to collect to show that THRiVE is making a difference for children, young people and families.
Some of the data we are collecting…
- Aspiration – surveys to gain feedback from parents about their awareness of the WE CAN campaign and Pupil Attitude to Self and School (PASS) tests carried out with pupils in schools
- Attainment – standardised attainment scores Progress Towards English (PTE), Progress Towards Maths (PTM), Cognitive Ability (CAT4) and Pupil at primary level and GCSE results at post-primary level.
- Well-being – using Outcomes Stars to help young people and parents track their own progress.
- Collaboration – surveys to gain feedback from organisations involved with THRiVE
News & Updates
A group of local women recently completed the S.T.E.P.S. To Excellence programme at Monkstown Boxing Club. This evidence-based personal development programme looks at topics such
P2 teachers from local schools recently attended training on the Hearsay speech, language and communication programme. The 12 week programme was developed by Belfast teacher
To celebrate Parenting Week in October 2021 pupils in local schools told us what they love about their parents/ carers. Their messages were put together